All AboUt FreakY LifEsTyLe

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sharing Banana Cake Recipe

As I promised to share the recipe with you all
I had been trying 3 banana cakes to try out different methods
Due to I baked it from scratch 
I need to get it right and taste good
although it may not as good as outside selling
but you'll find it even happier when you succeeded to make one of those

Homemade cake will always bring the feeling with full of warmth and love
the cake I baked not only tested by me
but I shared with my housemates and friends
I asked them to comment on it each one I bake

I love to see people trying the cake I bake
and their first impression on seeing it and tasting it
sort of quite important to me
because the looks of the cake is important
whether it brings appetite to people and have some feeling on want to try
and then the taste whether too sweet or up to the standard

Eventually the first one I bake on my previous post
the look of it, is great
taste banana obviously 
I asked my housemates to try 
they commented that not fluffy enough
and quite hard after cooling down
but still we finished the cake

Then I try to make the second one
different methods and slightly mix it longer
and the temperature set it not too high
as in later on it won't burn and harden easily
this time I shared with my friends
they said quite nice and really tasted the banana in it
it would be nice if slightly heated up
What makes me happy is that
they shared among themselves 

It just happen last weekends
they went to market to sell out their moving out stuffs
and also some beautiful handmade products too
check out their handmade
in case you can't get into the link
just a sneak peak of it


Jiunn brought my banana cake along which YinLing shared with them
just nice where I sliced into 4 pieces and 4 of them able to try it
they told me lucky I gave them the banana cake
was so nice early in the morning while waiting for customers
they had slice of banana cake and a cup of coffee
what a beautiful memory for me 
I'm happy that I brought happiness to my fellow friends and housemates

Well, after voice out all my feelings
Guess you all been waiting for the recipe
it may not the best or it may be very similar with others
that's all how we trying on others recipe and bake it with our own ways
All I can say
 the only different is the methods and the quantity of the ingredients
just add more or less the quantity of each ingredients you prefer
but not all ingredients can be simply increase the quantity
probably the sugar, vanila essences, eggs and bananas  
So the third one was quite successful in the end
all of them were happy with it
So the recipe

Ingredients A (dry mixed)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour/plain flour (*important: flour need to be sieved
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Ingredients B (wet mixed)
1/2cup / 125g unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 large ripe bananas (mashed well with fork)
1 teaspoon vanila essences 

Method:
Get a medium bowl mixed up together the Ingredients A. Set aside. That's should be the easiest one. Tricky part will be on Ingredients B. First, use another bowl to mix the butter and sugar till well blended. Then add in the eggs, bananas and vanila essences and mix well. Now, you need a rubber spatula (I don't have one so I replaced with plastic rice spoon) to mix Ingredients A and Ingredients B together. Slowly add in Ingredients A to Ingredients B and lightly fold them up. Combine both ingredients until the batter thick and chunky. (*important: DO NOT OVER MIXING, OTHERWISE WILL TURN INTO DOUGH)

Before pouring the mixing into baking tray/pan, remember to coat it with butter and sprinkle a little flour on it. Alternative way is using baking paper instead of flour. Bake until banana bread turns into golden brown Baking temperature in the range of 160°C - 175°C for approximately 60 minutes. Remove it from the oven and set aside to cool down at room temperature. 

The best combination having banana cake is serves it with afternoon tea. A blissful life.

Well, recipe shared. Enjoy baking everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger FiSh said...

that sounds simple but i must really try first! :)

Latest: Crown of Pork Experience

12/5/12 10:20 AM  
Blogger missyblurkit said...

this looks good and simple. its always a perfect afternoon with a slice of of freshly baked cake and a cup of tea. Am tempted to bake it today...let's see how lazy I get:P

12/5/12 2:34 PM  
Blogger Simple Person said...

hie mate ! Good die(day) to you lol...
Last time my bro in law studied in melbourne uni....
I like banana cake as well....
maybe one suggestion.. try to use those old going to rotten black banana ..
they say the taste is much better and sweet..
Have a good weekend ya...
adding you in my blog list..

12/5/12 5:17 PM  
Blogger hEnRy said...

FiSh. ohFISHiee: Well, is weekends though. You may have a try on it. I won't take you a long time to prepare and bake.

missyblurkit: Absolutely match with afternoon tea. Hope you enjoy baking too. Haha..maybe not today..but some day.

Simple Person: Thanks for adding me in your list. Yea, my friend told me that try to use the overripe banana. It taste sweeter

12/5/12 5:59 PM  
Blogger Beverly's Secret said...

Thanks for sharing. So 2 teaspoons of baking powder? Or?

14/5/12 11:02 AM  
Blogger hEnRy said...

Beverly's Secret: Just 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Oppss sorry, thanks for correcting the recipe.

14/5/12 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter